Tuesday, April 22, 2014


A Long Hard Winter

     So the last of the grape series was finished and brought to my photographer friend Denis who worked his magic. I don't trust myself to photograph or scan work for reproduction. Since I finally felt like I could take some time off I went outside and was doing a bit of yard clean up. A branch the size of a tree had fallen in one of the many winter storms and crunched my favorite rose bush, the Tamora Rose, that I had painted. My husband cut and removed the large pieces a while back but there was still a pile of  brush. While picking it up I realized I had in my hand what was left of my beloved tree peony!  Ugh. The branches were full of this years buds. Very upsetting. I had been so concerned about the rose bush I did not even  realize the peony had disappeared completely. Every bit of it was broken off at the ground. It was over 20 years old and had made it into a couple of paintings. 

     These past few months seem to be time for both many changes and planning for the future. 
It started with my nieces wedding shower and then my mother in law's move after 30+ years, travel and family illness in the middle, and most recently revisiting schools for my daughter's final college decision.

     Planning the next video and possibly another workshop this fall, an exhibit in Quogue, NY next year, and a second East Hampton LVIS poster are all in the works. Hopefully the warm weather will ring good things, lots of flowers, and perhaps a new tree peony.



                                                                the tree peony that is no longer...



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful memory of your old peony! I enjoyed alot with your histories on your blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete